POLITICAL PARTIES REGISTRATION TRACKING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (PPRTMS)
Political parties registration tracking management system (PPRTMS) was in the news recently. Election Commission of India launched PPRTMS recently.
It will be implement through an online portal to facilitate tracking of status of application. In this, The applicant is require to provide contact mobile number and email address of the party / applicant in application if he wishes to track the progress of the application.
Registration of Political Parties
The Election Commission registers political parties for the purpose of elections and grants them recognition as national or state parties on the basis of their poll performance. The other parties are simply declared as registered-unrecognised parties. The Registration of political parties is govern by the provisions of section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- A party seeking registration have to submit an application to the Election Commission within a period of 30 days following the date of its formation of party with certain basic particulars such as name, address, membership details, name of office bearers etc.
- After submitting the application applicant party is require to get an advertisement publish in two National and two Local Dailies giving the name and address of the party and its office bearers.
- Name of political parties seeking registration should not have religious connotation and name should not be similar to existing political parties.
- Also, names which are translate version of existing political parties shall not be grant a registration under section 29A of RPA 1951.
- The party must declare in its constitution that it must contest an election conduct by Election Commission within 5 years of its registration (it will be take off the list of register parties if it fails to do so).
- There should be a specific provision of the rules/constitution of the party regarding internal democracy, organisational elections at different levels etc.
- If anyone has any objection to the Party being register, they can place their objections before the Election Commission.
Also For art and culture regarding UPSC click here
Also follow us on Instagram and Facebook and telegram. And don’t forget to subscribe our blog.