Corona virus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease. It is cause by a newly discovered coronavirus.
People who are infected with the COVID-19 virus experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. While Older people and those people who are underlying with medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
To prevent COVId-19, we have to be informed about this virus. To Protect yourself and others from infection we should wash our hands and should use an alcohol based sanitisers frequently and should not touch our face.
The virus of COVID-19 spreads primarily through droplets of saliva and also from discharge of the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so we should also have to practice some basic manners. It’s important for us. For example, by coughing into a flexed elbow.
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. But, there are many ongoing clinical trials who are trying to find potential treatments.
Corona virus affects different people in different ways. It is a respiratory disease and mostly infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. People of old age ( more than 60 years)and those who are underlying any medical treatment have higher risk of disease and death.
Common symptoms are:
- dry cough.
Some Other symptoms also include:
- shortness of breath
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
People who are with mild symptoms, should self-isolate and contact their medical expert or a COVID-19 information line from World Heath organisation.
If illness get bad with time we should seek doctor and medical attention.
For preventing the infection and to slowing down the transmission of COVID-19, we should follow these precautions:
- We have to Wash our hands regularly with soap and water, and also clean them with alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and pother also called as social distancing. Social distancing is essential to preventing himself from the coughing or sneezing any other person.
- Must Avoid touching our face.
- At the time of coughing and sneezing we should cover our mouth.
- Self isolation will be better.
- Protect your lungs from smoking and any other things which will harm your lungs.
- Do not go into crowded area
For further information visit
Get more information about UPSC from
follow us on Instagram and Telegram respectively